Tell Me a Story
讲一个故事给我
罗伯特?佩恩?沃伦(Robert Penn Warren)
译者:pksunking
[A]
Long ago, in Kentucky, I a boy, stood
By a dirt road, in first dark, and heard
The great geese hoot northward.
很久以前,在肯塔基,夜幕初降
我,一个男孩,站在泥泞路旁
听到,雁鸣北方
I could not see them, there being no moon
And the stars sparse. I heard them.
我只是听到,却看不到它们来往
那一夜群星稀落,暗月无光
I did not know what was happening in my heart.
我不知道是什么在我心中流淌
It was the season before the elderberry blooms,
Therefore they were going north.
那时还闻不到接骨木的花香
想必它们是飞向北方
The sound was passing northward.
那声音传向北方
[B]
Tell me a story.
In this century, and moment, of mania,
在这个世纪,在这一刻,尽皆癫狂
Make it a story of great distances, and starlight.
故事要讲述浩瀚苍穹、悠远星光
The name of the story will be Time,
But you must not pronounce its name.
那故事的名字将是时光
可你切莫声张
Tell me a story of deep delight.
把那故事的喜悦深深埋藏